Stomach cancer is a serious problem. If there is cancer in the stomach, the patient feels a lump, pain in the stomach, and difficulty in walking or getting up. A patient may feel a separate piece of flesh from the inside as the tumor grows. That is called stomach cancer. Apart from this, there are many other symptoms, with which you should get tested and treated.
Regarding a disease like stomach cancer, Infinity Care Hospital, Varanasi, Department of Cancer Dr. Anuj Singh, says that the symptoms of stomach lumps are seen as the basis of the cause. If someone has a complaint of a hernia and because of that there is a lump in the abdomen, then pain can be felt inside the lump. If it is because of the lipoma, then the pain is less felt. Apart from this, many other symptoms are also seen in the disease. If someone has a lump in the abdomen, they may be constipated, have weight loss, or show symptoms such as blood in the stool.
Doctor Anuj Singh says that if you are seeing these symptoms, then you need to consult a doctor.
- Abdominal pain
- Burning sensation around the lump
- change in appetite
- Chest pain
- Difficulty passing stool
- Feeling of pressure in abdomen
- Pain in lifting weights
- Infrequent urination
- or excessive urination
On seeing all these symptoms, one should immediately contact the doctor. So that the patient can recover in time. Stomach cancer symptoms and signs of stomach cancer are not visible very often, while in some cases it happens that patients ignore these symptoms even after seeing them.
How does a tumor occur in the stomach?
There can be many reasons behind the lump in the stomach.
- Hernia- If the lump is on the upper part of the abdomen, then the patient may complain of hernia.
- Gallstones- Gallstones can also cause lumps in the stomach. Due to stones, the gall bladder starts coming out. Because of this, lumps start to appear.
- Hemomota- Due to this also, there can be a complaint of stomach lump. In this condition, blood starts collecting on the inner part of the skin. Because of this, the blood vessels start to break. A lump-like bulge may also be felt.
- Lipoma- A lump caused by fat in the abdomen is called a lipoma. When excess fat accumulates in the stomach, it takes the form of a lump. Some people mistake this for cancer. Whereas lipoma cancer is not colon cancer. It is also said that due to the enlargement of the liver, there may be a problem with a lump in the stomach.
- Cancer- This can also be the cause of stomach lumps. This can include cancers of the colon, liver, kidney, and intestine.
- Crohn’s – This is also called inflammatory Bowes disease, due to which the lining of the digestive system starts to become inflamed. Because of this, the stomach bulges. Apart from this, due to some other diseases like a boil in the ovaries, there can also be a lump in the stomach.
Can ulcers cause cancer?
- The risk of cancer from ulcers is very low. According to the information, whatever is suspected, it is due to a gastric ulcer. Sometimes it seems that ulcers arise due to cancer.
- What are the treatments for colon cancer?
- Operation: Now let’s know about the treatment of colon cancer.
- Whenever there is any problem in hernia, cancer, or any kind of intestine, then the doctor should be contacted. The doctor may recommend an operation. In which a surgical procedure called laparoscopy is used.
- Chemotherapy: This reduces the size of the lump. When the size of the lump becomes smaller, the chemotherapy is stopped. After doing this, the lump is then removed from the body through an operation.
Stomach tumor operation?
Abdominal surgery is also done to remove stomach tumours. This process is considered extremely complex. Surgery is the only option to remove the tumor. In this case, doctors often recommend surgery. So the patient is prepared psychologically in advance. They are assured that everything will be fine. Teams of doctors are prepared according to the size of the tumor. In which doctors from different departments are included.
There are many reasons behind colon cancer. Therefore, to prevent this, one should be aware of the early signs and symptoms of colon cancer. After that, the doctor is consulted. If the disease is detected early, then it can be cured with medicine, but if it is detected late, then surgery may be required. This operation is also not easy but also proves fatal.