Symptoms like chest pain and sudden shortness of breath come under heart attack, which people are generally aware of and when they appear, the patient is also taken for immediate treatment. However, according to one study, approximately 45 percent of heart attacks have no symptoms. This condition is classified as a “silent heart attack.” Now, as the name suggests, silent heart attacks tend to knock silently, and the exact cause of their occurrence cannot be ascertained, but remember that they are just as dangerous, and because the symptoms are not clearly visible, then there is also a possibility of delay in its treatment, due to which the condition can become serious. Therefore, it is very important to disseminate comprehensive information on this subject. So what is a silent heart attack and how can it be prevented? Dr. Abhishek Vikram Singh, director of Infinity Care Hospital, Varanasi, explains: –
Silent Heart Attack:
In a silent heart attack, a person feels a burning sensation instead of pain in the chest, along with symptoms such as weakness and unnecessary fatigue. In such a situation, it is obvious that the person is unable to see it completely in the category of a heart attack because it can also be symptoms of acidity, indigestion, dehydration, fatigue, etc. A silent heart attack occurs when blood flow to the heart is slowed or stopped. Often, before and after a silent heart attack, a person feels completely normal, and a second heart attack can cause additional risk. It is very possible that if the disease is not caught in time, then life can also be at risk.
Silent heart attack treatment:
To detect silent heart attacks, electrocardiograms, and echocardiograms, etc., are tested, by which changes in the heart are detected. Then, according to the condition of the disease, the direction of treatment is decided, which many types of treatment can be done, including angioplasty, heart transplant, and bypass surgery.
How to save:-
If we talk about other than the symptoms, then, of course, the rules of prevention that apply to heart disease also apply to a silent heart attack. Precautions can be taken so that the problem can be recognized, so follow the following points: –
- It has often been seen that home remedies are taken when symptoms of indigestion, acidity, etc. But it is important not to find a solution in home remedies for seemingly minor problems in the body and to consult a doctor, as it is possible that they may be minor, but their seriousness cannot be ignored. which can also be a symptom of a heart attack. Therefore, consult a doctor so that if there is a possibility of a silent heart attack, it can be detected and treatment can be ensured.
- If you are already suffering from the problem of heart disease, then take special care of the above point.
- Give priority to nutrition in your diet. Take fiber-rich foods. Take a balanced diet and create a diet plan after consulting with your doctor.
- If you are struggling with the problem of high blood pressure, then keep checking regularly and consult a doctor if needed. And even in this situation, instead of ignoring the burning sensation and unusual tiredness in the chest, consult a doctor. If you do not remain alert to the problem of BP, then there is a risk of many diseases.
- Do regular exercise. Do not keep the body inactive. The body needs proper exercise along with nutrition, and the risk of disease remains low.
- Stay away from smoking and drug addiction.